Gild on campus
When you create together, you grow together.
And in the process, the college experience can take on new, nuanced meaning. As a departure from (and complement to) your traditional events, Gild Workshops can help your sorority or campus organization foster stronger relationships between members, and tighten the ties that bind you all.
In our experience, it helps to bring the outside in. When new faces greet your group and facilitate a guided experience, new conversations follow suit. Bringing a Gild Workshop to your campus is a fun, effective way to build clarity around complex topics or help your members gain confidence and professional skills.
Our workshop curriculums address the issues young women face on campus and in the initial steps of their career development, based in six areas:
- BUILDING CONFIDENCE: We underscore the difference between speaking up and being outspoken, and examine what “I’m sorry” really means in the office. Our participants reflect on their accomplishments, explore the notion of personal pride, and seize the space they deserve to take up in the room. Learn more >
- FOSTERING MENTORSHIPS & RELATIONSHIPS: No matter what they say, there’s enough room for everyone at the table. We unpack the struggles of climbing the corporate ladder, lay emphasis on building positive relationships, and explore what it means to pay it forward. Learn more >
- DEVELOPING FEMALE LEADERS: It’s a simple concept: if we, as women, don’t see someone who looks like us in a position of power within our organization, we’re unlikely to believe we can rise to a position of power. There are dimensions of the career progression that are unique to women, like the ever-tricky work-life balance, or the ever-present wage gap. Together, we discuss and enact strategies to overcome these obstacles, and to continue on our career paths with newfound confidence and higher velocity. Learn more >
- COMMUNICATING EFFECTIVELY: Societal norms and cultural expectations have long perpetuated the idea that men and women have very different communication styles. Men are strong and direct, while women are empathetic and nurturing. What happens when we stop focusing on perceived differences, and instead focus on building strong, tactile skills for assertive, effective workplace communication—regardless of gender? Learn more >
- UNCOVERING UNCONSCIOUS BIAS: Everyone possesses deep-rooted biases, which are powerful guides in our daily decision making and attitudes. But how can we combat biases that are unconscious? In this workshop, we examine how biases are formed, methods to spot them, and tricks for interrupting them—an exercise that yields safer, more inclusive workspaces. Learn more >
- ADDRESSING & ELEVATING GENDER ISSUES: Even tougher than asking the question—“is it because I’m a woman?”—is learning the real answer. We dissect issues of discrimination as a group, drill to the root causes, and most importantly, provide concrete tools to address them and drive women’s equality forward. Learn more >
- PRESS FOR PROGRESS: Our workshop based on the 2018 theme for International Women's Day, Press for Progress, will take a deep dive on the findings of the 2017 Global Gender Gap Report and lead a solution ideation exercise to give participants concrete takeaways for how they can contribute to the press for gender parity in their organizations. Learn more >