Gild in the workplace
We’re all creating the same thing, literally and figuratively.
At a Gild Workshop, we’re creating inspired objects—but we’re also creating support systems, helpful tools, and collective self-respect.
Our group sessions are designed to be both focused and free form; rooted in optimism and driven by open dialogue. For twelve people or two hundred, our crafts unite women around a common exercise. Then, our guided discussions and activities inspire them to connect authentically around universal themes.
To encourage transparent insights and tangible progress, our curriculums zero in on the topics we know working women confront, day in and day out:
- COMMUNICATING EFFECTIVELY: Societal norms and cultural expectations have long perpetuated the idea that men and women have very different communication styles. Men are strong and direct, while women are empathetic and nurturing. What happens when we don’t fit the mold society gave us? How are we perceived? Can women be more than one thing?
- DEVELOPING FEMALE LEADERS: It’s a simple concept: if we, as women, don’t see someone who looks like us in a position of power within our organization, we’re unlikely to believe we can rise to a position of power. There are dimensions of the career progression that are unique to women, like the ever-tricky work-life balance, or the ever-present wage gap. Together, we discuss and enact strategies to overcome these obstacles, and to continue on our career paths with newfound confidence and higher velocity.
- UNCOVERING UNCONSCIOUS BIAS: Everyone possesses deep-rooted biases, which are powerful guides in our daily decision making and attitudes. But how can we combat biases that are unconscious? In this workshop, we examine how biases are formed, methods to spot them, and tricks for interrupting them—an exercise that yields safer, more inclusive workspaces.
- BUILDING CONFIDENCE: We underscore the difference between speaking up and being outspoken, and examine what “I’m sorry” really means in the office. Our participants reflect on their accomplishments, explore the notion of personal pride, and seize the space they deserve to take up in the room.
- FOSTERING MENTORSHIPS & RELATIONSHIPS: No matter what they say, there’s enough room for everyone at the table. We unpack the struggles of climbing the corporate ladder, lay emphasis on building positive relationships, and explore what it means to pay it forward.
- ADDRESSING & ELEVATING GENDER ISSUES: Even tougher than asking the question—“is it because I’m a woman?”—is learning the real answer. We dissect issues of discrimination as a group, drill to the root causes, and most importantly, provide concrete tools to address them and drive women’s equality forward.